1. Presentation of the Country Dialogue results conducted by the ALE "Kazakhstan Union of PLHIV" with the technical support of the international consultant G. Roshchupkin.
List of participants
The meeting of the CCM working group on development of the HIV funding request to receive the Global Fund Funding for 2021-2023 was held on 7 February 2020.
1. Letter from the Global Fund on the allocation of funding from the Global Fund for Kazakhstan;
2. CCM decision dated January 31, 2020
3. Presentation of Terms of Reference
4. Coordination of the rules of the working group
The UNDP project “Support to CCM for 2020–2022”, funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (hereinafter - the Global Fund), hosted a meeting of the Country Coordinating Committee on Work with International Organizations on HIV and tuberculosis chaired by the Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan Mr. Birtanov Y.A., with the participation of representatives of the Global Fund Country Team, UNDP, UNAIDS, CDC, USAID, UNODC, IOM, ICAP and other international and non-governmental organizations, as well as of the National Center for Human Rights.
The following CCM members participated in the meeting: Nur-Sultan – 6 participants, Almaty – 15 participants, Shymkent – 2 participants, Taldykorgan - 1 participant. 5 out of 29 CCM members were absent: Nur-Sultan – 3, Almaty – 2. Quorum is present.
Management of conflict of interest. During the meeting the following CCM members did not participate in the voting and decision-making processes due to the conflict of interest:
Copy of signed conflict of interest declaration attached to the minutes.
The agenda of the CCM meeting included the following items:
1. Announcement on the allocation of new funding ofthe Global Fund on the components of HIV infection and tuberculosis starting from 2021.
2. The key areas for the HIV component in the framework of the new grant of the Global Fund for 2021-2023.
5. Using social contracting mechanisms to ensure sustainability of HIV services. Presentation of the analytical report.
6. Information on the status of the implementation of the OST program. CCM decisions as of January 18 and September 20, 2019.
7. Plan for the implementation of the Global Fund eligibilty requirements to CCM in the process of developing a new funding request:
7.1 Approval of the Principal Recipient for the HIV component of the Global Fund grant;
7.2 Approval of the Country Dialogue Plan;
7.2 Approval of the composition of the working group on development of the funding request and conducting a Country Dialogue;
7.3 Consideratrion of activities for the implementation of the CCM oversight function.
The working meeting of Principal Recipients to discuss the main directions of the new Global Fund grant was held on January 24, 2020.
1. Preliminary agreement on the distribution of funding of the Global Fund to Fight HIV / AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria allocated for Kazakhstan from 2021 between the two national programs to fight tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS.
The CCM working meeting with representatives of the Global Fund Secretariat and Principal Recipients was held in Almaty on January 15 with the participation of T. Vinichenko, Senior Fund Portfolio Manager, Eastern Europe and Central Asia Team, and D. Kokiashvili, Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at the Global Fund.
The agenda of the working meeting included the following issues: