On March 3, 2021, an online meeting was held to exchange experience between Moldova, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan on the State Social Order for Key populations.
On February 25, 2021, a briefing was held by the Local Fund Agent (LFA) on the results of LFA spot-check visits under the Global Fund grant (HIV component). During the briefing, the results of the spot-check visits of the Local Fund Agent to the Karaganda region and Nur-Sultan were presented.
The meeting of the CCM Working group on gender issues was held on 23 February 2021 via virtual zoom conference. During the meeting, the gender working group plans for 2021 have been discussed from each community.
Within the UNDP project “Support to CCM for 2020-2022”, funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (hereinafter - the Global Fund), the meeting of the Country Coordinating Committee on Work with International Organizations on HIV and Tuberculosis issues was convened with the participation of representatives of government, international and non-governmental organizations as well as representatives of the Global Fund Country Team.
1. Resolution of the Prime-Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan #№64-r dated 5 May 2020 "On CCM Establishment". CCM Vice-Chair elections.
Speaker – Alexander Goliusov, a.i. UNAIDS Regional Director for EECA, CCM Vice-Chair
2. Action Plan for the new project of the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (Global Fund) for HIV component for 2021-2023
Speaker – Tatiana Davletgaliyeva, National Coordinator for HIV component PIU GF, Kazakh Scientific Center of Dermatology and Infectious Diseases of the Ministry of Health of RK.
Speaker – Roza Idrissova, CCM member, Head of the Public Fund "Sanat Alemi"
4. Service delivery standards for sex workers. Strengthening interaction with law enforcement agencies on prevention programs among sex workers. Forced testing of sex workers for HIV and STIs. Providing access to free contraceptives on the basis of friendly offices.
Speaker – Natalya Zholnerova, CCM member, Head of the Public Fund "Ameliya"
Speaker – Lyudmila Polyakova, CCM member, representative of women living with HIV
Speaker - Viktoriya Primak, Community Mobilization and Strengthening Coordinator, Alma-TQ Transgender Initiative
1. Results of the project "Protecting the rights of vulnerable population groups (vulnerable women and LGBT) in the context of COVID-19 in Almaty"
Speaker - Alexandra Li, AFEW Kazakhstan
2. Survey on procurement of ARV drugs for HIV treatment. Report of the Branch of the Public Fund "Answer" in Almaty
Speaker - Pavel Savin, Project Coordinator
3. How is the smooth transition to state funding going (any experience from the local community), any progress? What are the barriers to effective transition?
Speaker - Zhanneta Zhazykbayeva, President of NGO "Protecting Children from AIDS"
Speaker - Mira Sauranbayeva, Director of AMEC Project, ICAP
Speaker - Altynay Rsaldinova, Director of EpiC project in Kazakhstan
6. Announcement of the Global Fund multicountry proposal;
Establishment of a working group to develop criteria for awarding active CCM members;will the composition of the gender working group be updated?