Country Coordinating Mechanism (СCM) was established in 2002 to coordinate activities at the level of the Government and GFATM and joint decision-making.
CCM includes representatives of the Government:
According to its scope of duties CCM is entrusted to review, develop and present proposals for funds mobilization to fight AIDS and TB epidemic; control and monitoring of the implementation progress, and to recommend corrective measures, when needed. Minister of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan was appointed as CCM Chairman.
|Government||Ministry of Health|
In 2009 a decision was made to establish CCM Secretariat with the purpose of supporting CCM in its activities by providing necessary administrative and secretarial support, communication services and financial and technical assistance.
CCM Secretariat in Kazakhstan started working in May 2011.
CCM Secretariat is located in Almaty. Secretariat members are elected through a contest with observation of the transparency and openness principles by specialists with appropriate qualification working on the basis of the employment contracts.
Secretariat members include:
- Administrative and finance assistant.
- Is responsible for logistic and administrative support of activities of CCM and its committees and technical working groups, maintaining documentation of CCM, collection and distribution of information related to activities of the Global Fund, CCM and its committees, principal recipients and co-recipients, as well as other stakeholders involved in fighting HIV/AIDS and TB epidemic in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Is responsible for mailing invitations, notifications, minutes of the CCM meetings and other documentation;
- Ensures notification of CCM members about announcements made of donor organizations on acceptance of national requests for funding events aimed at control of AIDS and/or TB;
- Renders administrative and logistic support during development and submission of national requests for funding to the Global Fund;
- Ensures transparency of CCM’s activities by publishing appropriate information on the CCM website;
- Ensures administrative and logistic support of activities of the Surveillance Committee and organizes necessary trips to perform surveillance over project implementation.
Functions of Coordinator for the CCM Secretariat
Functions of CCM Secretariat Assistant