The meeting of the Country Coordinating Committee for Work with International Organizations was held with the participation of the Minister of Healthcare and Social Development Duisenova T.K., Vice-Minister of Healthcare and Social Development Tsoi A.V., and representatives of international and non-governmental organizations.
The following CCM members participated in the meeting: Astana – 7 participants, Almaty – 12 participants, Shymkent – 3 participants. 4 out of 27 CCM members were absent: Astana – 2, Almaty – 2. Quorum is present.
Management of conflict of interest. During the meeting 3 CCM members did not participate in the voting and decision making processes on questions 5, 6 due to the conflict of interest:
1) T. Duisenova – Minister of Healthcare and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan. “National Center of Tuberculosis Problems of the Ministry of Healthcare and Social Development of the Republic of Kazakhstan” and “Republican Center on Prevention and Control of AIDS” are subordinate organizations of the MHSD of RK.
2) N. Amanzholov – CCM Deputy Chairman since LEU "Kazakhstan Union of People Living with HIV" is the sub-recipient of the Global Fund grant on HIV/AIDS component.
3) B. Turgunbayev – CCM member, sub-recipient of the Global Fund grant on TB, HIV/AIDS component, Project “HOPE”.
Three copies of signed conflict of interest declarations are attached to the minutes.
The CCM meeting was held on April 08, 2016 chaired by N. Amanzholov, CMM Deputy Chairman, with participation of T. Vinichenko, Portfolio manager of the Global Fund grant.
Video conferencing for participants was provided from the following venues:
1) Astana, Bokei khan str., 14, UNCP, conference hall on the 1st floor;
2) Almaty, Tole bi str., UNCP, R. Aadamyan conference hall;
3) Geneva, via skype.
The agenda included the following questions:
1. Provision of antiretroviral treatment for foreign citizens on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan. Speaker – Bazylbekov Azamat Khazyrovich, Deputy Chairman of the Penal System Committee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
2. The achieved results and planned activities for 2016 in the framework of the European Harm Reduction Network (hereinafter - EHRN): "Harm reduction works – Fund it";
2.1 Presentation of the new Partnership Project "Stop TB": "Increasing meaningful participation of civil society in the reduction of the TB burden in Kazakhstan"; Speaker – Imbragimova Oxana, advocacy specialist, EHRN project “"Harm reduction works – Fund it", LEU "Kazakhstan Union of People Living with HIV".
3. Consideration and approval of the request for the use of financial savings under the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria grant on HIV / AIDS component. Speaker - T. Davletgalieva, National Coordinator on HIV/AIDS Component of the Global Fund grant.
4. Recent developments and planned activities on substitution therapy program in Kazakhstan. Speaker – Rotberga Signe, Program officer, UNODC;
5. Presentation of a new USAID Project Flagship in Central Asia. Speaker – Sauranbayeva Mira, Regional advisor on work with state entities of NGO “Population Services International”.
The agenda of CCM meeting as of March 4,2016, included the following questions:
1. The signing of the annual conflict of interest declaration by CCM members (GF requirement #6); Completed declaration forms will be distributed to all CCM members, and CCM members from other cities will receive them by e-mail.
2. Consideration and approval of technical specifications and application forms for the announcement of the election of the CCM oversight committee members (Requirement #3);
2.2 Election of the CCM oversight committee;
2.3 Approval of the oversight committee members appointment mechanism and of the issue on the appointment / selection of the oversight committee chairman.
2.4 Recommendations of the GMS project experts funded by USAID (for CCM) and unexecuted CCM resolutions.
2.5 Speaker - R. Demeuova, the CCM Secretariat Coordinator.
3. Information on collection of work plans with constituencies from every CMM member, approved by constituencies of every CCM member (Requirement #5). Speaker – N. Amanzholov, CCM Deputy Chairman.
4. Creation of a CCM working group on gender issues in HIV / AIDS prevention programs. Speaker – L. Chubukova, CCM member.
5. The sustainability of the “Harm reduction” program. Program funding in the regions using local budget resources. Consideration of the possibility of allocating the savings under the GFATM grant, with regard to the current needs of Regional AIDS centers. Speaker – T. Davletgalieva, National Coordinator on HIV/AIDS Component of the Global Fund grant.
5.1 National program “Densaulyk” for 2016-2020, implementation of activities on HIV prevention. Speaker – I. Petrenko, Deputy Director-General of the Republican Center on Prevention and Control of AIDS.
6. Proposed additional measures to improve the project implementation on migrants as part of the Global Fund grant in 2016. Speaker – B.Babamuradov, Global Fund Program Manager, Project “HOPE”.
The CCM E-meeting agenda included the following questions:
1. Consideration and approval of the Draft proposal of the NGO "AIDS Foundation East -West" on support of activities on HIV and TB at the municipal level of the Eastern Europe and Central Asia countries for Global Fund funding within the Global Fund New Funding Model;
CCM members participated and voted via e-mail from the following cities: Astana - 2 people, Almaty - 13 people, Shymkent - 3 people. 9 out of 27 CCM members were absent: Almaty - 3 people, Astana - 6 people (no reply to the message). Quorum is present.
Management of conflict of interest. During the meeting one of the CCM members did not participate in the voting and decision making processes on question #1 due to the conflict of Interest:
1) A.Goliusov – Deputy CCM Chair, since the Draft proposal has being developed under support of UNAIDS.
Signed conflict of interest declaration is attached to the minutes.
The following documents were electronically circulated to all CCM members for their review:
It was proposed the voting via e-mail to be carried out in the following way: every CCM member should vote “For” or “Against” by replying to all CCM members (obligatory), pointing out the importance of the process transparency.